Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Can't get any sweeter than this...

You know, I always thought I'd be a good mother and love being one but when the time was near I often wondered if I'd live up to my expectations. I'm so thankful that I can say I LOVE BEING A MOMMY! Sure I miss being able to sleep in as late as I want and doing things just for me, but they don't come close to fulfilling my life like this sweet angel does.
My best friend just today pointed out how I look different in pictures now, not in a bad way, but that I look content and happy with my life. She hit the nail on the head with that one, I am so happy with life right now. Life seems normal with Brooklyn in it, I can't imagine it any other way. I'm so thankful that Jordan and I were able to slip into parenthood so seamlessly. And it's true, seeing Jordan holding Brooklyn or coming over just to give her a kiss just because melts my heart. It's in those moments that I fall even more in love with my family and realize just how blessed I am. As most of you know, I wanted a baby for a while before I actually was pregnant, but I wouldn't trade my journey for anything. I appreciate what I have so much more because of it and I don't take a single moment for granted. God gives each of us a different path for different reasons and I am so thankful for that, it would be too boring if everybody went through life the same.

Jordan is finishing up work in North Carolina and I've almost got our house put together down here. It's been nice to have time with Brooklyn just to myself but I am looking forward to her daddy being back :) I can tell life is only going to start getting better and better as Brooklyn grows. Her little personality is blossoming and she is exploring her world a little more each day. I look forward to taking advantage of the next 8 months with daddy here before we are on our own for 8. Hopefully we'll get to take her to the zoo and aquarium and all the fun things that you can do with little kids :)

Here are a couple more pictures of my little angel :)


I think I'm going to have a little stinker soon :) She's already started to get this little sassy, bossy squeal. She only busts it out on occasion but boy is it sassy!


Ah I just love my baby girl more than words can describe. I'm SO SO VERY BLESSED!




No comments: