Monday, April 21, 2008

The count down begins

Hola!! That's me speaking Spanish :) I've decided to give the second language thing a try again, hopefully I will do a better job at it this time around. So Jordan is going to be home in.... 6 DAYS!!!! I can hardly stand it. Last week I saw a truck just like his and I got all giddy, of course I then scolded myself for being so silly! I think every couple should have time apart like this, well ok maybe not three months. This time apart always makes me appreciate him even more and anticipating the arrival is fun as well. I keep romanticizing his arrival... he pulls up in his truck and I run out the door to give him a big hug and Groodinees (that's Maverick pronounced Grew-d-knees) is just as excited. I'll stop there at my fantasy but needless to say I can't wait.

Upon his arrival we have decided to make some life style changes compared to before he left. (1) We plan on seeing as much of NC as we possibly can, therefore we will be spending little time being bums on our couch. (2) we have decided on our new hobbies, Jordan will be taking up Kite Surfing & working on his Master Degree, and I will be learning Spanish & Ballroom Dancing (which he has to partake in as well). (3) We both have established workout routines and will stay on track with those. (4) We are trying to go GREEN so grocery shopping will become more about fresh food than the icky yet sometimes yummy and often easier processed foods! And get ready for this one (5) we will be eliminating weekday TV watching!!! Don't worry we will be DVRing our favorites and watching them when we have a chance, allowing for a few hours on the weekends. In general we just want to make the most of our time here on earth and these all seem to be steps in the right direction :)

So I basically have 6 days left to watch TV all day long, eat lots of junk food and just be a bum on the couch :)

Oh and by the way... don't be alarmed when you start to see my hair curly in pictures, this humidity makes it impossible to wear straight!

We will be having our first house guest in less than a month so I'm getting all excited and will be putting the spare bedroom together. Right now it looks like we are a pair of college kids that just threw things together to make another room.. wait that is what it is! So I have decided to get it all dolled up and lookin good for Winkler, I'll be sure to take before and after pics of it!

Buenas Noches!!

No comments: