Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thankful Thursday

While I know I should take to the time each day to be thankful it's nice to have a day in the week specifically phocused on being thankful, so that is Thursday for me!

From the moment I was pregnant with Brooklyn I envisioned me and my child having story time and prayed that she too would share my love for reading. Before every nap, from the time she was 3 months old I would read to her. At first she would cry through the entire book because she new it meant it was naptime, but now, now she sits there patiently in my lap as I read 3 short books to her, sucking her thumb and twirling her hair. And just incase that alone doesn't make me thankful, I know this does, the site of my baby girl in her room prefering to sit surrounded by her books, reading to herself :) It just warms my heart when I hear her in there. She will open a book and then I hear, 'guh guh guh' her version of reading aloud :) And you know that she is content and happy when she takes a break to suck that thumb of hers and twirl the hair on the top of her head. So yes, I am so thankful that I have a child that loves her books...

No comments: