Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Busy, busy!

So I've been very MIA lately and I'm attempting to get back into the swing of things. I spent roughly a month in Oregon while Jordan was busy with training. While I was there I had the wonderful opportunity to work on my photography. It felt amazing to get out of the house and do something for ME!! The past 3 years of my life have been all about Jordan and his career and most recently my baby girls life. While I love being a wife and mother it felt amazing to have something all my own that doesn't identify with those other two roles in my life.

My first outing was to photograph our dear friends Toni and Travis. They are having our Godson early November (yes I suppose Will is more importantly their first child, but I'm beyond excited that he is our Godson!!!) These two worked with me as I got more and more comfortable behind the camera, and I'm pretty sure they had a good time as well :) Here is my favorite shot from their session:


Next up I asked the Drapers to let me capture their family as well. I was introduced to the world of photographing a toddler and an infant, both in one dose! Definitely wasn't as easy as two adults but I was able to capture a few candid moments of Andrew (the toddler) that were adorable. Here is Daddy and his baby girl :)

And lastly I was able to squeeze in one more family session with the Tofflemoyers. Such an adorable little family, I can't wait to shoot Carly's two year old photo's later this spring!

Now that I'm back in Mississippi I'm trying to learn as much as I can about photography and editing before I return to Oregon for the deployment. Everything about being a photographer just felt right so I'm really going to pursue this! Thank you to everybody that has been super supportive, its the motivation I need. I'll be sure to keep everybody updated on my progress!

No comments: